Xinhui tangerine peel, from the beginning of the green peel to the end of the red peel, according to the different picking time period, the maturity and use of the picked orange peel are also different, which creates various names for the tangerine peel: green peel, two red / Slightly red, bright red.
The picking time of Xinhui mandarin oranges is divided into:
1. Orange peel
From the beginning of autumn to the cold dew in the lunar calendar (August 7, 2016-October 8, 2016), the peel is harvested and processed when the citrus fruits are mature.
2. Reddish skin
From the cold dew of the lunar calendar to Xiaoxue (October 8, 2016-November 22, 2016), the peel is harvested and processed when the citrus fruit peels begin to turn yellow when they are ripe.
3. Big red skin
From the light snow to the winter solstice of the lunar calendar (November 22, 2016-December 21, 2016), the mature citrus peel is harvested and processed when the peel of the citrus fruit is more than eight mature.
From the appearance point of view:
1. The citrus green peel has not yet been colored, the appearance is blue-brown or even blue-black, the oil chamber is slightly concave and dense, and the texture is thin. The appearance of tangerine peel is blue-brown to blue-black, with numerous recessed oil chambers, which do not show shrinkage. The inner surface is compact and smooth, snow white, pale yellowish white to brownish red. Hard quality, thin skin, bitter taste and aromatic.
▲Comparison of oil chambers: the green skin oil chambers are dense and very bright
2. Reddish skin The epidermis is brownish green with reddish, the cortex is slightly thicker and harder, the oil chamber has larger cavities, and the texture is slightly thicker than the hard skin. The fresh peel begins to color, but is not completely colored. It is yellow-green or yellow. The peel is processed when the fruit is harvested when the physiology is still not fully mature (usually from cold dew to light snow in the lunar calendar). The appearance of tangerine peel is brown-yellow to brown-yellow-brown, with numerous large and concave oil chambers, which shrink more obviously. The inner surface is snow white, light yellowish white to brownish red, and the sponge shape is not obvious. The texture is harder, the skin is thicker, and the taste is pungent, bitter and slightly sweet.
▲Comparison of oil chamber: the oil chamber with reddish skin has larger dense cavities
3. The skin of the big red skin is basically colored, yellow-red or red, with numerous large and concave oil chambers, which are evenly and densely distributed, and have a thick soft skin. The fresh peel has been basically colored, yellow-red or bright red, and the peel is processed by harvesting the fruit when the physiology is basically mature (usually refers to the lunar calendar from Xiaoxue to Xiaohan). The appearance of tangerine peel is brownish red to reddish black, with numerous large and concave oil chambers, and the shrinkage is very obvious. The inner surface is snow-white, light yellow-white to brown-red, and the sponge shape is obvious. Soft, thick skin, pungent and sweet.
▲Comparison of oil chamber: large red oil chamber, dense and large
From the taste comparison of eating peel and pulp and soaking in water:
1. The orange peel is bitter, aromatic and fruity; it contains less sugar, and the sweetness and sourness of the pulp: slightly sour. After three years of aging, the mouth will be astringent when soaked in water.
2. The second red skin has a pungent taste with bitter and slightly sweet, fruity aroma; it contains less sugar, and the pulp is sweet and sour. After three years of aging, it will be sweet and sweet in the mouth after soaking in water.
3. The red skin is pungent, sweet and full-bodied, and has a strong fruity aroma; it contains high sugar content, and the pulp is sweet and sour. After aging for many years, it will taste sweet and mellow after being soaked in water.
From the comparison of efficacy:
1. The relative content of volatile oil from orange peel is relatively high,Resistant to storage, nourishes the spleen and promotes qi, Suitable for yao boiled herbal tea.[Quoted from “China and Yao Culture-Chenpi”, Author: China Yao Cultural Association][“Determination of the Contents of Three Flavonoids in Cantonese Dried Chenpi from Different Origins and Harvest Periods”]
2. The nutrient content of the reddish skin is evenly distributed, the effect is leveled, and it is easy to store. It can be used for general cooking and can also be used as a general meat seasoning.
3. Dahongpi has a peaceful and stable nature, and has a wide range of applications.High collection value; It can be equipped with precious yao materials, which can regulate qi and invigorate the spleen, dry dampness and resolve phlegm.[Quoted from “Chinese Yao Xue”, second edition]
Collection difficulty：Green skin Sugar-the ease of storage depends on the amount of sugar in the fruit. The higher the sugar content, the harder it is to store and the easier it is to be eaten by insects. Therefore, relatively speaking, green skin is the easiest to store, followed by reddish skin, and red skin is the most difficult. Which one is better to store and eat green skin, second red skin, and big red skin? , From: http://www.99bbs.cn/ Author WeChat (cpzj500), you can also scan the QR code above, welcome to add, share and exchange.
Sugar-the ease of storage depends on the amount of sugar in the fruit. The higher the sugar content, the harder it is to store and the easier it is to be eaten by insects. Therefore, relatively speaking, green skin is the easiest to store, followed by reddish skin, and red skin is the most difficult.
Which one is better to store and eat green skin, second red skin, and big red skin? , From: http://www.99bbs.cn/
Author WeChat (cpzj500), you can also scan the QR code above, welcome to add, share and exchange.