Nutrition and medicinal
Gardenia fruit contains pectin, protein, tannin, mannose, ursolic acid, D-mannitol, sorbitol quasi-glutaol, choline and various iridoids. Gardenia has a cold nature and a bitter taste. It has the functions of purging fire and eliminating troubles, clearing heat and dampness, cooling blood and detoxification. It is mainly used to treat fever and upset, liver fire, red eyes, damp-heat jaundice, short urine, and jaundice hepatitis. Cholecystitis, pyelonephritis and other diseases, external use can treat blood stasis, swelling and pain caused by sprains and contusions.
1. Gardenia flowers are sweet in nature and cold. It has the effects of clearing lungs, purging fire, clearing heat, and cooling blood, and can be used to treat deficiency and insomnia, heat toxin sores, sprains, swelling and pain, jaundice, red eyes, sore throat, vomiting blood, hematuria and other diseases.
2. Gardenia has the effects of clearing lung heat and cooling blood. It is mainly used to treat lung heat, cough and nasal girl.
3. Gardenia root, clearing away heat, removing dampness, cooling blood, detoxifying, and treating colds and fever, jaundice hepatitis, vomiting blood, nephritis and edema.
4. Gardenia leaves can reduce swelling and treat traumatic injuries. “Southern Yunnan Materia Medica” says: “Relieve lung fire, stop lung heat and cough, stop carp blood, and eliminate phlegm.” Modern research: flowers contain volatile oil; leaves contain gardenia 2 and go through gardenia 2; fruits contain gardenia flavonoids Vegetarian, pectin, flagellin, crocin, crocetic acid, D-mannitol, nicosine, and crocetin.
5. Pharmacological experiment Gardenia water extract, etc. has a gallbladder, sedative, antihypertensive, antibacterial (inhibitory effect on various fungi such as Flavus vulgaris, Epidermophyton inguinalis, Epidermophyton rubrum, etc., and can kill leptosomes Spirochetes, stop schistosomiasis), inhibit smooth muscle action. Traditional Chinese medicine uses fried shank, raw shank, and Jiaoshan shank.
The efficacy and role of gardenia
1. The meridians of Gardenia jasminoides jasminoides, such as bitter cold and heat-removing heat-removing heat, clearing heat and purging fire, and relieving irritability, relieve the heart, lungs, stomach and fire evils of the heart, lungs, stomach and triple-burner, and have clear heart and diarrhea. The power of eliminating annoyance by fire is mainly used to treat febrile diseases, evil-hot guest heart, upset, depression, restlessness and other diseases. It is often combined with light tempeh to treat exogenous fever, irritability in the chest, and insomnia, such as Zhizi soup. It is formulated with Huangfen, Coptis, Buffalo Horn, Scrophulariacea, Gypsum, etc., to treat flaming fire, high fever, irritability, dizzy speech, convulsions, lip scorch, etc., such as clearing fever and detoxifying drink. With Coptis, Huangda, and Phellodendron cylindrica, treat triple-burner heat, dry mouth, dry mouth, irritability, insomnia, etc., such as Huanglian Jiedu Decoction.
2. Gardenia’s bitter cold returns to the liver meridian, tastes bitter and removes dampness, cools and clears heat, the liver and gallbladder are externally and internally, it can smooth the qi machine and regulate bile secretion, so it has the power of clearing heat and dampness, promoting gallbladder and reducing jaundice, and treating liver and gallbladder damp-heat stagnation. Caused by jaundice, fever, short urine and other symptoms. Gardenia is often matched with Yinchen and rhubarb to treat damp-heat jaundice, such as Yinchen Zhuotang. Gardenia with cork and licorice can treat fever caused by damp-heat stagnation and short urine, such as gardenia cypress soup.
3. Gardenia’s bitter cold returns to the heart and liver meridian, bitter cold clears heat and cools the blood to detoxify, the heart governs blood, the liver stores blood, has the power of cooling blood and detoxification, and treats vomiting blood and coffee blood during blood-heat delusion. It is often matched with Imperata cylindrica root, raw rehmannia, yellow, etc., to enhance the power of cooling blood to stop bleeding.
4. In addition, this product can suppress heart yang, clear heart fire and relieve heat and toxins, cool blood and detoxify, reduce swelling and pain, and treat sores, swelling, toxins, and bruises. It is often used with silver flower, forsythia, dandelion, etc., to treat heat, toxin, sore, redness, swelling, heat and pain. It can also be used to make gardenia powder and vinegar into a paste for external application to treat boils.
The therapeutic effect of gardenia
It protects the liver, reduces liver damage caused by carbon chloride, and reduces degeneration and necrosis of liver cells. It can increase bile secretion and promote bile excretion; reduce gastric secretion and promote gastrointestinal peristalsis; it also has sedative, analgesic, anti-inflammatory, and antibacterial effects; in addition, it lowers blood pressure, reduces myocardial contractility, slows heart rate, and dilates blood vessels.
How to eat gardenia
With its unique medicinal and industrial production benefits, Gardenia has become a gem of Chinese medicine. The food industry processes it into various foods, such as gardenia porridge, gardenia drink, etc. The edible coloring extracted from gardenia, such as gardenia yellow, is also widely used as food additives. The classic folk prescription Zhizizhitang (Gardenia + light tempeh) can relieve the heat of the outside and the inside, relieve the fire and relieve troubles. Here are several gardenia recipes:
1. Gardenia porridge: take 3 to 5 grams of gardenia kernels and 50 to 100 grams of japonica rice. Grind the gardenia kernels into fine powder, and cook the gruel with japonica rice. When the porridge is about to be completed, add the gardenia powder and cook for a while. Take 2 times a day, 2 to 3 days as a course of treatment. Has the effect of clearing heat and purging fire. It is suitable for icteric hepatitis, cholecystitis, red eyes, swelling and pain, acute conjunctivitis, etc. Note that it is not advisable to take too much food for a long time, and those who usually have diarrhea should not use it.
2. Gardenia and cypress wine: take 30 grams of gardenia, 90 grams of cork, 15 grams of coptis, 800 grams of rice wine (.*?) www.chayi5.com
The efficacy and function of gardenia, can gardenia be used in tea
Can gardenia be brewed in tea
Fresh gardenias are actually edible, but they must be processed correctly before consumption. If they are eaten directly, they may feel “suffocating”.
Generally speaking, fresh gardenias need to be soaked in water for one or several days before being eaten, and the water needs to be changed several times during this period. When the gardenia petals are soaked and bleached to a dark color, they can be taken out for cooking. If you feel that it takes too long to do this, you can also boil the fresh gardenias in boiling water for a while, then remove them to cool, and then use them for cooking or soup.
The efficacy and function of gardenia, can gardenia be used in tea
Gardenia cultivation method
[Light]Like shade, avoid direct sunlight. But an environment with sufficient light can grow healthily, but it can’t be exposed to direct sunlight.
[Temperature]Likes warmth, the best growth temperature is 16℃～18℃. It can survive the winter safely above -5℃, and grows slowly above 30℃.
[Water]We like humid air, and watering should be added appropriately during the growth period.
[Soil]likes loose, fertile, well-drained, lightly clayey acidic soil.
〔Fertilizer〕 He likes to fertilize. In the peak growing season, topdressing can be done once every half month, and attention should be paid to maintaining the acidic characteristics of the soil when fertilizing.
[Reproduction method]The easiest method of reproduction is floating water insertion, which has a very high survival rate. First find a perforated foam board, cut off the half-cooked branches of the year, insert them into the holes of the foam board, and then put the foam board into a bucket filled with water to survive. Pay attention to keeping the slats of the bleaching board shaded, and allow the sun to shine on the bucket, and the water temperature should be controlled between 18 ℃ and 25 ℃.