However, there is a problem that needs to be paid attention to when making soy milk. Soy milk must be thoroughly boiled before drinking. This is because soybeans contain trypsin inhibitors, lectins, saponin and other toxic substances. These substances are relatively heat-resistant and not easy to cook. If people drink unripe soy milk, they are likely to cause poisoning. Among them, the toxic symptoms are nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain, abdominal distension and diarrhea. In severe cases, it can also cause dehydration and electrolyte imbalance. Under normal circumstances, mild patients can heal themselves within 3 to 5 hours, and severe symptoms can last for 1 to 2 days.
Usually, when raw soy milk is boiled to 80°C, there will be a “false boiling” phenomenon, that is, a large amount of white foam. At this time, many people mistakenly think that the soy milk has been cooked, but the actual temperature at this time is not enough. Destroy the toxic substances in soy milk-saponin substances.
The correct way to cook soy milk should be to open the lid of the soy milk and stir evenly while cooking, so that the harmful substances in the soy milk can evaporate with the steam, and it can also be heated evenly without smelting. pot. After the “false boiling” phenomenon occurs, the firepower should be appropriately reduced, and then continue to heat for 3 to 5 minutes to make the foam disappear completely, and then the soy milk is considered to be completely cooked.