What are the benefits of drinking more water
(1) Water in the human body can promote the normal progress of physiological activities and biochemical reactions;
(2) Water is a good solvent. The digestion and absorption of nutrients and the excretion of toxic substances are inseparable from water;
(3) Water has the effect of regulating body temperature. Every 1G of water evaporated from the skin (perspiration) can emit 0.54kcal heat energy;
(4) Water is a lubricant provided by the body. Tears, saliva, joint sac fluid, etc. play a very good lubricating effect in maintaining the normal function of these organs. Water can also moisturize the skin and maintain its elasticity;
(5) Water can maintain the normal secretion function of glands, and it is also one of the substances that maintain the normal shape of cells. In short, almost all life activities are inseparable from water, which is like the protector of life.
What will happen if there is no water?
What happens if office workers are short of water? Facts have proved that the causes or treatments of many diseases are directly or indirectly related to water:
1. Constipation: If the water in the diet is not enough, and the daily hygiene habits are not good enough, it is easy to recycle the water in the stool in the large intestine, and the stool is hard to be excreted, which is one of the common causes of constipation.
2. Stones: At present, most offices and even homes have air-conditioning equipment, which is cool in summer and warm in winter. People are not likely to sweat, and they forget to drink water and get up and walk around when they work. White skin has lost a lot of water without realizing it. Over time, the urine will be concentrated, and the minerals in it will easily deposit in the kidneys, ureters, and bladder to cause stones. The best way to avoid urinary stones is to drink plenty of water and move around so that the minerals in the urine have no chance to stay.
3. Gout: Now that the economy is prosperous, there is too much entertainment, and even the family eats big fish and meat, and the occurrence of gout has become more and more common. The reason is that the metabolism of uric acid is abnormal. If it is a person who produces too much uric acid, it is necessary to avoid hindering its excretion in urine, and even increase the amount excreted in urine. The best way is to use less oil, no alcohol, and at least 2000-3000 ml of water a day to produce enough urine for excretion. To add water, the best drink is still boiled water or mineral water. The best way is to drink boiled water that has been stored in a clean kettle, and set it aside shortly to minimize the chance of bacterial growth. Friends sitting in the office, don’t forget to get up and walk around, and pour a glass of boiling water to add moisture!
Disadvantages of drinking water
Experts point out that drinking too much water also has many disadvantages.
First, drinking too much water can easily cause headaches. This is because in addition to water, plasma contains many electrolytes, such as sodium and chloride, etc. These electrolytes have a certain ratio with water to maintain a normal plasma osmotic pressure.
Under normal circumstances, healthy people are not prone to water poisoning. Only when the external environment changes, such as the human body sweating a lot, the loss of sodium chloride and salt is serious. If you only replenish water at this time without supplementing sodium chloride, although the body water is not absolutely too much, the relatively too much water due to too little sodium chloride makes the osmotic pressure of plasma and tissue fluid lower than the intracellular osmotic pressure. As a result, water will penetrate into the cell through the cell membrane, forming cell edema and causing wild water poisoning. Water intoxication is very harmful to the human body, especially the damage to the brain cells is the most serious. Once the brain cells are edema, the intracranial pressure will increase, resulting in headaches, blurred vision, vomiting, drowsiness, irritability, muscle twitching, breathing and A series of nerve irritation symptoms such as slowed heartbeat, severe cases can also produce coma, convulsions, and even life-threatening.
Second, drinking too much water is likely to cause brain cells to swell, leading to failure of the brain’s important regulatory functions such as breathing control, and cause death. Why does this happen? This is because the part of the water we drink into the body that exceeds the body’s needs will be excreted through urine and sweat. The amount of water in the body is adjusted so that the level of specific chemical substances in the blood reaches a certain level. balance. However, if you drink too much water and the kidneys cannot expel the excess water quickly, the blood will be diluted and the salt concentration in the blood will decrease. In severe cases, there will be a ratio of the salt concentration in the blood. The case where the concentration in the cell is low. In this way, water will move from the diluted blood to the cells and organs with less water. Eventually, the functions of these cells and organs will fail. At this time, people will stop breathing and eventually lose their lives.
Third, drinking too much water can cause water poisoning. Water intoxication is an obstacle to the metabolism of water in the human body. Excessive water in the body causes cell edema and cell dysfunction. Generally speaking, the biggest impact of water intoxication on the body is the edema of brain cells, that is, nerve cells. When serum sodium drops to a certain level, it can cause irreversible damage to brain tissue.