When the summer is too hot, humans often have symptoms such as gastrointestinal discomfort or lack of appetite. We will seek some food or drinks like sour plum soup to relieve it, and soaking gentian grass in water can clear heat and remove dampness, and regulate Gastrointestinal: Maybe you may not know much about gentian. Here I will tell you about the efficacy and pharmacological effects of gentian, and how to use gentian for different symptoms.
Gentian is a plant belonging to the genus Gentianaceae. Also known as gentian (“this classic”), Lingyou (“this classic”), grass gentian (“this sketch classic”), bitter gentian grass, earth dan grass (“Southern Yunnan Materia Medica”), Dan grass ( “Medicines”), mountain gentian (“Zhejiang Traditional Chinese Medicine Manual”), four-leaf gall (“Guangxi Traditional Chinese Veterinary Medicine Plant”), water gentian (“Jiangsu Plant Medicine History”). The roots and rhizomes are used as medicine. Bitter taste, cold in nature. Return to the liver and gall bladder meridian. It has the effect of clearing heat and dampness, reducing liver and gallbladder and reducing fire. Indications of hypertension, dizziness, tinnitus, cholecystitis, acute infectious hepatitis, genital itch, damp-heat jaundice, boils, carbuncle, sore mouth and convulsion, etc. It is a good medicine for protecting the liver and promoting gallbladder.
Efficacy and indications
To clear away heat and dry dampness; to relieve the liver and relieve convulsions. Damp-heat and jaundice; painful urination; swollen yin and itching; under the damp tropics; head swelling and headache when the liver and gallbladder are full of fire; red eyes, swelling and pain; deafness and ear swelling; hypochondriac pain and painful mouth;
(1) Protect the liver, promote choleretics, and invigorate the stomach
This product has a protective effect on carbon tetrachloride liver damage, can reduce liver tissue cell degeneration and necrosis, and has the effect of reducing transaminase. It can shrink the gallbladder and increase the secretion of bile, which has a beneficial effect on the gallbladder. A small amount of gentiopicroside can promote the secretion of gastric juice and gastric acid, and has a stomachic effect; taking a large amount can inhibit secretion, reduce appetite, and hinder digestion.
(2) Sedation, antihypertensive, diuretic
Gentiline has a sedative effect on mice. Larger doses will cause anesthesia and have a weak antagonistic effect on convulsions. Gentian tincture and gentioline have the effect of lowering blood pressure. Gentian has obvious diuretic effects.
(3) Antibacterial and anti-inflammatory
Longdan decoction has varying degrees of inhibitory effects on a variety of pathogenic bacteria. Gentiana and gentian liquid oral or intraperitoneal injection have significant anti-inflammatory effects, and are 4 to 7 times stronger than sodium salicylate. Longdan injection can significantly promote the phagocytic function of inflammatory cells.
(4) Immune regulation
Gentian has the effect of inhibiting the production of antibodies. Longdan Xiegan Decoction injection can increase the weight of mouse thymus, promote the phagocytic function of peritoneal macrophages and the transformation of lymphocytes. Longdan Xiegan Decoction has anti-allergic effect and can significantly reduce allergic reactions caused by histamine.
Relax the role of skeletal muscle. Gentiopicrin has an inhibitory effect on malaria parasites. Longdan decoction has strong paralyzing and lethal effects on Ascaris suum.
1. Longdan Xiegan Decoction (“Medical Prescriptions”) treats liver and gallbladder fire and inflammation syndrome, headache, red eyes, hypochondriac pain, deafness, ear swelling, red tongue, yellow coating, strong pulse string. Liver meridian damp-heat betting card. Yin swelling, itching, sinews, diarrhea, turbid urine, or yellowish smell in women, red tongue and yellow greasy coating. Gentiana 6g, Scutellaria baicalensis 9g, Gardenia 9g, Alisma orientalis 12g, Mutong 9g, Plantago 9g, Angelica 3g, Rehmannia glutinosa 9g, Bupleurum 6g, Raw licorice 6g. Decoction in water. Pills can also be used, each serving 6-9g, twice a day, with warm water. In the prescription, gentian grass has severe bitterness and severe cold, which relieves fire and removes dampness.
2. Longdan powder (“Taiping Shenghui Fang”) cures yellowing, sweating on the forehead, heat in the hands and feet, pain in the limbs, cold and heat in the twilight, self-interest in urination, etc. 0.6g gentian, 1g each of Ophiopogon japonicus, licorice, Bupleurum, hemp, and rhino horn, and 30g oysters. The top 7 flavors are loose, decoct in water, add 0.5 cups of raw rehmannia glutinosa juice, and take it warmly. In the prescription, gentian grass is compatible with various medicines to reduce liver and gallbladder fire, and remove damp heat.
3. Single-flavor ground powder, decoction, or boiled water, to treat epistaxis caused by liver fire.