What is the effect of drinking platycodon in water? Let’s first understand what platycodon is. Platycodon is a herbaceous plant and a kind of Chinese herbal medicine. We can use platycodon for food or medicinal purposes. It has high edible and medicinal value. Platycodon grandiflorum is also very helpful for our daily health maintenance. We can use Platycodon grandiflorum to soak in water to have a good health function.
Platycodon grandiflorum can protect our lungs. Platycodon grandiflorum soaking water can have the benefits of expectorant, and Platycodon grandiflorum soaking water can treat symptoms such as hoarseness. Platycodon grandiflorum soaked in water has an anti-inflammatory effect. Platycodon grandiflorum soaked in water can lower our blood sugar and can relieve cough and reduce phlegm, so it is very effective.
1. Expectorant and antitussive effect: oral administration of this product decoction 1g/kg for anesthetized dogs can significantly increase the secretion of respiratory mucus, and its strength can be compared with that of ammonium chloride. It also has obvious expectorant effect on anesthetized cats. It has been reported that the expectorant effect of platycodin is stronger than Polygala, and second to Poygala senegaL.. The mouse phenol red method test result is weaker than Polygala. The saponins contained in Platycodon grandiflorum cause a certain degree of irritation to the throat mucosa and gastric mucosa when taken orally, and reflexly cause hypersecretion of the respiratory mucosa, dilute the sputum, and promote its discharge. The crude platycodon saponins have an antitussive effect. The half effective dose for intraperitoneal injection and antitussive in guinea pigs is 6.4mg/kg.
2. Hypoglycemic effect: rabbit gavage of Platycodon grandiflorum water or alcohol extract 200mg/kg can reduce blood sugar, and the blood sugar lowering curve of water extract is similar to that of gavage 25-50mg/kg tolbutamide. Water and alcohol extract 500mg/kg gavage for 4 consecutive days, it also has a hypoglycemic effect on experimental alloxan diabetic rabbits. The reduced liver glycogen is also restored after the medication, and it can inhibit the rise of food-induced blood sugar. Alcohol extraction The effect of the substance is stronger than that of the water extract.
3. Anti-inflammatory effect: Crude Platycodon grandiflorum saponins have anti-inflammatory effects, and the dose of 1/10-1/5 half-lethal dose has anti-inflammatory effect on carrageenan-induced swelling and acetic acid-induced swelling of rat hind limbs. Gavage is less than 1/10 of the lethal dose, once a day, continuous administration, it also has a significant inhibitory effect on rat cotton ball granuloma, and it is also effective for rat adjuvant arthritis. This preparation can also reduce allergic reactions and capillary permeability in mice. Intraperitoneal injection of Platycodon grandiflorum saponin caused writhing reaction and abdominal exudation in mice, and gavage of the same saponin can inhibit it. Platycodon grandiflorum has no direct antibacterial effect, but its water extract can enhance the phagocytic function of macrophages and enhance the bactericidal power of neutrophils. Improve the activity of lysozyme.
4. The effect on the circulatory system: rats were given intravenous injection of crude platycodon saponins, which showed a temporary drop in blood pressure, slowing of heart rate and respiratory depression. For isolated guinea pig auricles, it has a negative inotropic effect at high concentrations. Injecting 200-800mg/kg crude platycodin into the arteries of anesthetized dogs can reduce the resistance of coronary arteries and blood vessels of the nipple limbs, increase blood flow, and its strength can be compared with papaverine. When 4mg/kg is injected intravenously, it can also increase the blood flow of coronary arteries and hind limbs, accompanied by temporary hypotension. It is believed that this vasodilation is a direct effect on peripheral blood vessels.
5. Inhibition of gastric juice secretion and anti-ulcer effect: Crude Platycodon grandiflorum saponins can inhibit gastric juice secretion and resist peptic ulcer in rats when the dose is less than 1/5 of the lethal dose. At a dose of 100mg/kg, it can almost completely inhibit gastric secretion caused by pyloric ligation in rats. Injection of 25mg/kg crude platycodin into the duodenum of rats can prevent the formation of peptic ulcer. Its effect is equivalent to that of subcutaneous injection of l0mg/kg atropine, but 100mg/kg gavage is more effective than subcutaneous injection in preventing stress ulcer formation. Atropine 10mg/kg is twice as weak as the rat model of ulcer caused by acetic acid. Crude platycodin can significantly reduce the ulcer coefficient, and the 25mg/kg daily group is more effective than the licorice extract FM100 daily 200mg/kg group high.
Above we introduced what Platycodon grandiflorum is. We know that Platycodon grandiflorum can be used for edible and medicinal purposes. Platycodon grandiflorum has a great effect. We often use Platycodon grandiflorum soaked in water to drink it for good health benefits. Platycodon grandiflorum can protect our stomach by soaking in water. And lungs, can reduce phlegm and relieve coughs. Platycodon grandiflorum soaked in water can lower blood sugar and have anti-inflammatory effects.